BUY BROWNING BAR Mark II Safari
The BAR MK II Safari is the ultimate sporting autoloader, featuring the time-honored combination of fine walnut, a precision machined steel receiver and a hammer forged barrel. Classic in looks and contemporary in performance, the BAR MK II Safari is the hunting rifle that sets the standard for every other autoloader on the planet with accuracy, speed and a caliber selection unmatched by any other hunting semi-auto. This magnificent rifle will make autoloading enthusiasts out of the most skeptical riflemen. BAR Mark II Safari
The Browning BAR sporting version is certainly a distinct and separate rifle from the military BAR M1918, but its design is the result of the understanding and expertise that started with John M. Browning. His grandson, Bruce Browning, was the driving force behind today’s BAR. A large team of automatic firearms experts at the FN factory in Belgium also played a key role in its development. BAR Mark II Safari
This group of designers, lead by Marcel Olinger, began serious work on the project code named “Carbine 66,” with full-scale development and testing done throughout 1966 in preparation for an official 1967 product launch. Both the history and the efficiency of this amazing rifle is unequaled among autoloading rifles. BAR Mark II Safari
- Steel receiver with blued finish and high-relief engraving
- Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Hammer-forged barrel
- Select walnut stock with gloss finish
- Reliable short-stroke, gas piston operation
- Strong multi-lug rotary bolt
- Detachable box magazine
- Crossbolt safety
- READ A HISTORY OF THE BAR.
- READ A REVIEW OF BRUCE N. CANFIELD’S ARTICLE (NRA AMERICAN RIFLEMAN) ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF BOTH THE MILITARY AND SPORTING BARS.